Low Density Update
February + March 2019
* Added support for surface parked site plans
* Create, save, and move between 3D views
* Improved the parking layouts for structured garages
* Liner unit locations can now be customized
* Sites can now be copied
* Icons now have helpful tool-tips
* Pan in 3D with left-click drag
* Fixed a bug that kept some large courtyards from being divided.
* Fixed parking stall layout in single tray garages.
* Fixed a rare crash when placing units in corridors.
* Fixed a bug where building elements disappeared when entering manual mode.
* Fixed a bug where unit databases failed to load.
* Presets no longer overwrite custom garage and amenity placements.
December 2018 + January 2019
* Rapidly perform shadow studies based on date and time of day
* Added shadows, underlays, and additional geometry details to the 3D model
* Change colors of units and spaces
* Added metes and bounds input for sites
* Reduced the frequency of bifurcated outside corner units
* Shadows can be enabled via the toolbar
* Added a handle to move and rotate sites and underlay images
* Detailed models can be disabled in the settings panel
* Added an option to Windows Explorer's context menu to open rsd files
* Fixed unit tabulation values in PDF
* Fixed a bug with loading certain types of old rsd files
* Fixed a case where the garage would not move in manual mode
* Fixed a crash when placing multiple spaces
* Quickly generate and compare multiple different schemes.
* Unit names can be changed.
* Added several new default presets.
* Added beds, baths, and lot coverage to the tabulation.
* Improved rectangular garage sizing for wraps.
* Fixed a missing error marker for certain types of garage ramp failures.
* Fixed the level numbers in the CSV exporter.
* Applying a preset no longer changes site setbacks.
* Fixed an application crippling building mass bug
September + October 2018
* Parking-only sites are now allowed.
* Replaced parking stall average area with actual parking stalls.
* Added support for non-rectangular garages.
* Ramps can be optionally placed in garages.
* Some errors will be marked in the building instead of blocking the solver.
* Added a button for restoring full-auto mode from manual mode.
* Added polygon area and radial measurement tools.
* Fixed a case of common area overlapping amenity space.
* Fixed financial information formatting in PDF report.
Dynamo BIM Update
* Fine-tuned various geometries to improve Dynamo/Revit integration.
* Amenity and facade walls adhere to insets from corner units.
* Fixed a few panel/toolbar layout issues.
* Fixed a small calculation error when lifts are inside the garage.
* Removed duplicate walls near lifts and stairs.
Unit Editor Update
* Added the unit editor for inline, inside, outside, and end of corridor units
* Fixed the installation warnings about being an unknown software publisher.
* Added support for parametric elevators
* Added PDF report export
* Added support map tile re-use
* Added (colored) cover, unit, and tabulation pages to the PDF export.
* Improved map performance and offline support.
* Fixed a crash when loading maps.
* Fixed a bug where adjusting setbacks to 0' cleared the site.
* Fixed a bug where switching measurement systems broke the image loader.
Urban + Dev Update
* Added support for multiple sites in the same plan.
* Added cost and income parameters and tabulations.
* Added support for the metric system.
* Spaces are now grouped by name in tabulation.
* Only the currently viewed level is exported to a DXF document.
* Text input responds better to international keyboard layouts.
* Fixed a crash when setting all unit weights to 0.
* The tab key can be used to navigate forms and input fields.
* Fixed the feedback form to correctly wrap text.
* Changed the default color theme to light. The original dark theme
can be re-enabled from the settings panel.
* Added support for custom building presets.
* Added an exporter to SketchUp's skp file format.
* Fixed a case of missing stairs in long corridors.
* Added a section view to help visualize building verticality.
It is hidden by default but can be toggled from the settings panel.
* Fixed a case of mass disappearing in manual mode.
* Common area can be disabled, allowing a custom efficiency input.
This is only allowed after disabling firewalls, stairs, amenities, and units.
* Fixed a bug with dragging setbacks to 0'.
* Fixed a case of overlapping corridors.
* Fixed a case of small sites producing no solutions.
* Fixed a case of missing units when studios are disabled.
* Added support for buildings with both wrap and podium elements.
* Added toggles for units, firewalls, stairs.
* Added layers, line types, and colors to the dxf exporter.
* Improved the automated mass placement algorithm.
* Improved the control and visualization of garage growth for wraps.
* Fixed a case of stairs not being placed in all dead ends.
* Fixed some odd behavior with the property line tool.
* Improved the clarity and usability of file open/save dialog boxes.
Manual Mode Update
* Added manual adjustment and placement of garage and building mass.
* Added support for additional amenity spaces.
* Added a measurement tool.
* Added a feedback form.
* Allow podiums with garages entirely below grade.
* Amenity level is now customizable.
* Fixed an instance of incorrect offsets for garage placement guides.
* Fixed placement of tiny units near garage corners.
* Enhanced the property line tool.
* Building input parameters can be entered manually.
* Changed unit mix percentage to weight.
* Small details are hidden at distant zoom levels.
* Fixed podium alignment when growing perpendicular to the property line.
* Solutions will be generated on any change if enough data has been provided.
* Fixed loading a save file with no geometry.
* Fixed panning in the image importer when trackpad mode is enabled.
* Fixed a crash in stair solver.
* Fixed a crash when the setback was 0.
* Expanded tabulation data to include full BOMA-level detail.
* Updated CSV exporter to reflect new tabulation data.
* Improved unit mix in long double-loaded corridors.
* Firewalls are less likely to be close to dead ends.
* Fixed missing file types in the file save dialog.
* Added the current file name (with an asterisk if modified) in the menu bar.
* Fixed a rendering issue with large 3D models.
* Fixed a crash when splitting large courtyards.
* Fixed a crash when exporting PDF's for unparked sites.
* Added a handle to drag amenity space.
* Amenity space should be much closer to the requested size.
* Added a 3D massing diagram view.
* Added a toolbar in the plan view to toggle 3D mode, toggle aligned drawing,
and re-center the view.
* Trackpad mode (accessible from the settings panel) replaces the middle mouse
button with right click.
* Like before, amenity space is placed away from the garage by default. There
is now a button in the input panel to restore this logic after switching to
a custom amenity location.
* Various GUI improvements: windows are draggable, window maximization works
correctly in a multi-monitor setup, and resizing panels works better.
* 3D model can be rotated with the middle mouse button.
* Stairs have been pushed back to the facade of the building.
* Fixed gaps in common area rendering near stairs and corridor intersections.
* Added this change log (accessible from the about panel).
* Garage orientation can be changed with a button in the input panel.
* Courtyards with more than 4 sides will be closed more often.
* Added stairs
* Added firewalls
* Inside Corner Unit Solver