We started with a simple landing page and a couple of posts on LinkedIn about this idea. It blew up. Fair warning: This will not work for metric or mac users. Here is the instructions on how to hack TestFit for land planning:
- Grab a copy of TestFit for free from www.buildingforge.com and install it
- First time users will need to create an account and click "try"
- If you have already used your free trial, send us an email (email@example.com)
- Download "TestFit for Land Planning" zip file full of TestFit presets
- Extract those .preset files into folder "C:\ProgramData\testfit\presets"
- Launch TestFit and lot dimensions should show up in the configurator panel
- Remove default presets (preferences panel (ctrl+,) -> disable "show default presets"
- Load Land Planning.rsd into TestFit
- Download the file
- In test fit click file -> open and navigate to Land Planning.rsd
- Click the file and select open
- Go to the schemes panel and click "generate from presets"
This is what the result should look like:
Request for Feedback
The most essential part of this for us? To build an amazing product. In order to do this we need feedback. This could look very simple, like: I need to actually see three-dimensional homes on the lots.
Feedback could also be much more exhaustive than a simple tweet. If so, send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Feel free to fill out this form to give us much needed feedback!